66.7% Off Learn Web Scraping with Node.js
- We'll begin with an overview of how Request works to download pages and pipe out data.
- Next, we'll look at the Cheerio and how we can use jQuery-like syntax to retrieve elements off a page.
- Then we'll take what you've learned to create 2 sample web apps to scrape and display data first to our console then to a web page.
What You Will Learn:
- How to download web pages using Request.
- How to then grab elements from the page using Cheerio
- Display the data on a web page. First, we'll use Express and Swig to display Indeed job search data. Then we'll use Angular to show an image and other details after a user inputs a URL.
Who This Course is For:
- Anyone with an interest in web scraping using Node. This is a beginner level course, so the only requirement is that you already have node.js installed.Who is the target audience?
- You should already somewhat familiar with Node.js. We're using express.js to set up our server and create a few routes. So some prior in experience is helpful.