88.2% Off Personal Financial Well-Being
Money is important.
Money sets limits on your dreams, hinders or magnifies your happiness, and dictates the quality of your life.
And yet... They taught you next to NOTHING about how to manage it in school! The result has been a generation who has mismanaged budgets, racked up debts, defaulted on mortgages, lost investments, and failed to keep retirement plans. While a small proportion of the country has figured out how to make money work for them, most of us are part of the shrinking middle class who are losing out.
That's where Personal Financial Well Being comes in. University Instructor and former Silicon Valley Chief Financial Officer Richard Okumoto has developed this course for the Dot University to narrow the Wealth GAP and demystify personal money management.
The course applies two core techniques which Accelerates Time-to-Knowledge. Starting with a landscape view then introducing primary building blocks provides an accelerated path to connect-the-dots on how money works:
- How do you manage your money?
- How do you manage debt?
- How do you determine your financial wealth?
- How do you pay your fair share of taxes, and nothing more?
- How do you prepare for retirement?
- How should you invest your money?
- How do you prepare your estate for when you pass on?
Personal Financial Well Being means having the answers to all of these questions and knowing how they interlock and work together. The course is built on the following (3) CORE Building Blocks (GAP Approach):
1. Generating Positive Cash Flow – “Understanding your money to keep more of it!”
Tools and techniques to understand your money. This includes: Personal Budgeting, Debt Management, Personal Income Taxes, and Retirement Planning (Part 1).
2. Accumulating Wealth – “Understanding Wealth; how to create it and how to hold onto it!”
Tools and techniques to understand wealth creation and retention. This includes: Determining Wealth, Investing (part 1 & 2), and Retirement Planning (Part 2).
3. Protecting What you Have – “How to conquer Financial Risk!”
Tools and techniques to understand asset protection. This includes: Insurance (part 1 & 2) and Estate Planning.
Who might benefit from this Course – Anyone who wants to remove fear from finances and master their Personal Financial Well Being.Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to take control of their money.
- Anyone who wants to accumulate wealth.
- Anyone who wants to protect what’s precious in life.