81.8% Off Become a Master of Black & White Photography
This course features over 4 hours of video instruction! Sign up now!
Great black and white photography is not accidental but the product of a skilled craftsman. Simply desaturating your photo in Photoshop won't give you the results you're after. You need to know how to properly convert your images to black and white and how to creatively modify the image to create a true work of fine art. Now that the art form has evolved from film to digital files, how do you work as a modern black and white artist? How can you be sure you're creating the best quality image?
This course will walk you through the maze of information you need to create great work. You'll learn how to convert raw files to black and white with precise control and edit files with creative vision. You'll learn how to create image files that are professional quality and worthy of archival gallery prints.
You Will Learn and Master
- Nailing the correct exposure for digital work
- Converting raw images to black and white
- Creating images with maximum tonal range
- Preserving the subtlety and avoiding digital artifacts
- Creating images that match your artistic vision
- Prepare your files for print
Contents and Overview
The course is divided into three sections:
The Masterful Way, Tools and Gear, and The Creative Process. In the first section you will learn the mindset and principles of becoming a black and white master. In the second section, you'll learn about software and camera settings to get the best results. In the Third section you'll see how to edit images creatively based on what you learned earlier.
As with all Udemy courses, you get a money-back guarantee so there's no risk. Sign up now!Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to create black and white images of professional quality. Any skill level with any kind of digital camera, including smartphones, are welcome. Photographers with DSLRs shooting RAW files will benefit most.
- Because every camera is different, I can't tell you how to use your camera. I will talk about some settings and metering. Please familiarize yourself with how your camera works and how to transfer images to your computer for editing.