95.2% Off REBT – The Modern Effective Therapy System
Fully Accredited R.E.B.T Diploma
The Modern Effective therapy System
This course is fully accredited by a globally recognized CPD body, the Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency.
Taking this course will give you the opportunity to gain a diploma signifying formal certification for 10 hours of CPD credit.
Please note, accreditation is optional. It is by no means compulsory, or a prerequisite for taking the course. Degree requirements vary based on the position you pursue and the area in which you reside or work. Should you wish to opt for accreditation and the diploma, full details and directions will be given at the end of the course.
R.E.B.T or Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy to give it its full name, is a modern effective therapy system that was originally thought up by Albert Ellis during the 1950’s.
R.E.B.T is sometimes referred to as “rational emotive therapy” or simpler still, as “rational therapy”.
R.E.B.T, is a type of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), that is focused on helping clients change irrational beliefs, and is one of a very few therapies in psychology that has evidence in support of its effectiveness.
R.E.B.T is known as the rational therapy, because at its core, this most modern of therapies is all about understanding how we make sense of our emotions.
Everything we feel and everything we do, involves emotions, so Ellis developed this action orientated approach to psychotherapy, which produces results by helping clients manage their emotions, their cognitions and their behaviours.
This most wonderful and modern of therapies, teaches us that it’s not events, or things that upset and disturb us, but rather how we view these events, or things. In essence, how a person thinks, influences their feelings.
When a person believes illogical and irrational beliefs about themselves, others, and the world, psychological problems and mental distress will often be the result.
The goal of REBT is to help people alter these negative thinking patterns and irrational, illogical beliefs, in order to overcome any resulting psychological problems.
I have created this course, in such a way that everybody can benefit from this amazing therapy approach. No special knowledge of psychology or therapy is needed, as the course has been written for beginners.
An open mind and a willingness to rethink the way in which you view yourself, others and the world is all that is required for you to gain maximum benefit of the REBT Model.
REBT can be effective for a long list of disorders and issues, with a good body of evidence supporting its effectiveness for each one.
- Various forms of anxiety, especially social anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Eating disorders
- All types of addictions
- Problems related to impulse control
- Problems related to emotional control
- Personality disorders
- Anger management
- Pain management
- Stress management
- Coping with health or disability problems
- Child behavioural issues
- Family relationship issues
- Issues specific to couples
- Personal growth, life goal issues, performance at work issues
As you can see, REBT is a versatile approach, helping people with a wide range of psychological and life issues.
Included in the course, you’ll find a number of resources to help you apply the principles of REBT easily and effectively.
As with all of my courses, you’ll be able to benefit from full support from myself 7 days a week. I always get back to my students the very same day, and more often than not, within a couple of hours (depending on your time zone!)
The Syllabus contains:
- What is REBT
- Happiness Self Assessment
- What do I need to benefit from REBT
- What can REBT treat
- Why you need REBT
- Using REBT as a Self Help Model
- How does REBT differ from other therapies
- What are the similarities of REBT with CBT
- How does it differ from CBT
- What is the ABCDE Model
- "A" Exploring "Activating Event"
- "B" Your "Belief Systems"
- Exploring the C in REBT "Consequences"
- Exploring the D in REBT "Disputing"
- "E" Looking at the "Effects" in REBT
- The three Basic Musts
- Type 1 Sub-Beliefs
- Type 2 Sub-Beliefs
- Type 3 Sub-Beliefs
- A whole section devoted to case studies and examples
- The three types of acceptance and the three core beliefs
- How to inspect your own beliefs
- Positive Thinking and positive self talk
- Alternative healthier thinking
- Plus a whole section devoted to resources, templates and worksheets!
Who is the target audience?
- This is for you if you want to heal yourself of anxiety and depression
- This is for you if you want to enhance your self awareness
- This is for you if you want to remove emotional obstacles and achieve your full potential